Thursday, May 15, 2008

Positive Attitude...Does it Work?

I hope all is going well for you. I appreciate the opportunity of sharing information with you. Over the past few months I have made some observations. My training as a chiropractor has led me to observe the way people walk, bend, and hold themselves. This gives me a sneak preview as to how I can help them, physically, when they confide their health issues to me.Well, I have taken that to a new level. I have studied how people react mentally and emotionally to various circumstances. And, combined that with their "success" level in their jobs and businesses, as well as their relationships. The results really did shock me, although after further contemplation, it made sense.There is a lot of hubbub about having a positive mental attitude. How do you feel when you around an upward thinking individual? Now compare that feeling with being around someone who always complains, and questions every single thing. Quite a difference! When I correlated attitude with the outward signs of success, both interpersonal and in business, I found that those people who had a good attitude, one of hard work, and forward thinking also had the most business success, were happy, and appeared to have excellent personal relationships.Now, of course, we can't know all the details of someone's life...however, simply put...happy, positive, trusting people appear to have more success and more zest for life. I know, what came first, the chicken or the egg? The stinkin thinkers will invariably say it is easy for someone who has it all to be happy. What I am here to share with you, that happy people, positive people tend to deal with obstacles differently than negative, cynical people.So you have a choice...how will you process the next obstacle? Will you look at it as a challenge that will help you grow as a person, or as an opportunity to complain about the world or a bad break? I will tell you that if you can take the high road, think of life as a challenge, you WILL succeed in all aspects of your life. Will it be easy...absolutely not...Is it worth it....YES! Until next time...

No comments: